Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Christmas Cookies with Nonnie

My mom is such a good teacher with little ones.
Even before she started teaching Kindergarten, she has taught 1st grade Sunday School at her church for over 30+ years now.
She's so gifted and soooo amazingly patient. I wish I were as patient as she.
 Hopefully, this tradition of baking tea cake cookies will continue for many years to come.
We love you Nonnie, Ridge thoroughly enjoyed himself.
(and I've our family has almost eaten all of them!)
(sorry, all of these taken with my phone. user quality is lacking)
 
starting our tea cakes with the wet ingredients first

Ridge is soaking it in

after he ate raw egg, sugar, and butter. ha
 
"lightly" greasing the pan


dry ingredients added and now time to roll the dough

destroying the dough
(and we added a Christmas apron to you too Ridge because you had flour everywhere son.)
Dada did not approve. But, Dada was not cleaning up the kitchen after either.

"Umm Ridge, I think you rolled the dough too hard"
"But, Nonnie, I'm tough!"
ha

Let's try this again, but gently buddy
 
cutting out the cookies.
Aunt Deeda supervised.
 
decorating with sprinkles
We did not have time to ice them. We didn't tell him that though.

doing a good job

big red Santa

Ho Ho Ho!
 
I just ate 3 cookies and loved it!

My instagram collages


 
Ridge is really enjoying and understanding the Christmas season this year.
He is enjoying our Little People Nativity Scene and understands the story very well.
He is enjoying our Advent Calendar and is excited to participate every night.
And, he is learning so many Christmas songs. My favorite that he sings is Happy Birthday Jesus.
It melts my heart to hear his little voice sing and try to hit all the high notes :)
He understands Santa Claus more and is excited about presents as well.
I love all the magic this time of year.
I love you Ridge and you make Christmas even more exciting for Momma and Dada!
Fulton is THOROUGHLY enjoying the Christmas trees in our house. He has actually been pretty gentle with the tree and ornaments. Now, he has unplugged the lights about 10 times and blown a few fuses. So, playing with electricity is still a struggle.
I have all the Christmas trees on timers and when he wakes up in the morning, his tree is usually on at 8. His face is so excited and he's pointing at it with big round eyes "wow" every morning.
I love the sparkle in his eyes when he looks at the lights. Your innocence is beautiful.
You are such a fun baby boy. We love you and can't wait to make so many Christmas memories with you this year. You bring smiles to our faces daily.
 
Love you boys so deeply.
Mama
 
Thank you God for giving us the most wonderful GIFT! Your son Jesus!
We love to celebrate His birth. The Christmas Story is perfect and we REJOICE IN YOU!
Merry CHRISTmas everyone!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments: