Monday, January 7, 2013

Needed this today... and everyday

I was trying to catch up on my Reader with 1,000+ blogs posts to read...
*I haven't read or posted anything since before Christmas :/
And, after deleting 800+, I was able to catch up on my "real friends" posts.
 
I had to share this quote I read on my friend Katie Kizziah's blog a glimpse of our vapor
Thank you for sharing sweet friend.
 
“It is no abstract thing –

the state of your heart is the state of your home.

You cannot harbor resentment secretly toward your children and expect their hearts to be submissive and tender.

You cannot be greedy with your time and expect them to share their toys.

And perhaps most importantly, you cannot resist your opportunities to be corrected by God and expect them to receive correction from you.

God has given us the job of teaching His law and demonstrating His grace. We are to be guides to our children as they learn to walk with God.

Sin is just a fact of life. It is the way we deal with it that changes ours.”
- Rachel Jankovic
Loving the Little Years : Motherhood in the Trenches
 
 




No comments: